Monday, August 10, 2009

Relaxin' in the mountains...

I just returned from my annual escape to the Blue Ridge Mountains with the extended fam. We've dubbed it the BooMan Reunion, since celebrating the life of Mike D is the driving force behind our excursion (BooMan is what Mark D calls him). As usual, it was beautiful getting to reminisce with everyone, and truly amazing to see how much all the kids have grown already. Check out little JT, chillin' with the toy guitar.



"Autumn leaves must fall down, growing old..."



We went up a day early this time, so we got to go rafting on the Ocoee with Mark D on Friday afternoon, and then still had a whole weekend to feast and catch up.



In between heavy drinking and a non-stop Cornhole tournament, there was continuous gorging on delicious Houston's grub (thanks Kim!!)... I'm talking everything from fillet Mignon burgers and steak, smoked salmon with dill sauce, tuna steak, veggie burgers with the soy glaze -- ouch, I'm hurting myself just thinking about it. I think I'll need to fast for the next two weeks to clear all the meat out of my system. Sorry if I've offended any vegans or vegetarians, but that shit was absolutely carnivorously delicious!!

One of my favorite moments was the 2 hour freestyle session with Steck and Tadpole (the original emcees for Live On Arrival) while everyone else went hiking or to the lake with the kids. Already looking forward to the next BooMan Reunion...



And don't think I'm sleeping on the San Fran posts, just trying to collect my pics and thoughts on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find out what motivates, captivates and rejuvenates me on my never-ending quest for knowledge and art.
Peace, fam, thanks for checkin' in...