Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Coming with that soul...

Leave it to Maxwell...showing some range on this one, too. Using more of his low voice than the usual falsetto where you can barely understand the words. I love how the beat starts out real simple with the MPC clap, and then turns into a thick live drum beat, with the rolling hats and the tight snare and kick variations. Nice track...and excellent work Maxwell.

You can click the picture below to check it on Youtube, but I felt like the soul came across more without the video, so I embedded the uncut version from Grooveshark:



Notice how it starts out a lot like "This Woman's Work," which is another classic of his...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find out what motivates, captivates and rejuvenates me on my never-ending quest for knowledge and art.
Peace, fam, thanks for checkin' in...