Monday, August 3, 2009

Greyboy the Allstar...

Something about that Conspirator song by Quantic Soul Orchestra reminded me of this Greyboy track...



If you haven't heard of him, he is a really talented acid-jazz/hip-hop DJ/producer from San Diego, who has been an influence of mine since 1993. He has a great ear, and his music opened my mind to different ways to layer live instrumentation on programmed drum beats. Look him up, and learn about The Greyboy Allstars. Super funktastic shit...

Here's a couple more tunes from that same Greyboy album, Mastered The Art, which is one of his most recent...



Sometimes he enlisted an MC or two, not the greatest or worst I've heard...love the beat...kind of wish it was an instrumental so I could really enjoy it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find out what motivates, captivates and rejuvenates me on my never-ending quest for knowledge and art.
Peace, fam, thanks for checkin' in...