Thursday, May 21, 2009

Okai tellin' it how it is...



I discovered this artist by making a station for Pete Philly and Perquisite on Pandora. A couple different Okai tracks popped up, and I really liked what I heard. After checking his whole album, Dekonstruktion of the Mind (which you can listen to for free here on LastFM), I was unfortunately more impressed by the production than the vocals. Most of it sounded a little unmotivated and lackluster compared to the live energy captured in the performance above, maybe I got spoiled by seeing that first. I did read somewhere that he was donating a portion of the record sales to Action Against Hunger, and I really respect that. Check out a couple of his tracks on the album, I did like "Phish To Come", and here is the video for another of the albums better tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find out what motivates, captivates and rejuvenates me on my never-ending quest for knowledge and art.
Peace, fam, thanks for checkin' in...