Friday, June 12, 2009

Much respect Ras Shiloh...

I just had the chance to meet and record Ras Shiloh at the CE studio. He was in town visiting family, and Scott Tester of Trilogy Sound Crew talked him into blessing him with some personalized vocals that he could use for some soundclash/reggae battle type thing. They just needed a place to record it. Being that tomorrow is Jay Murph's wedding (last night was the bachelor party, more to come on that...) and tonight was the only night I had to work on CE stuff this weekend, I was reluctant when Bam called and told me the situation. But since Tester is the one that hooks up the CE shirts, I figured I could spare an hour or so for him. Well, it was worth it! Man, this guy was so professional, he gave me the tracks he was going to do, went to the booth, and knocked out three song-length freestyles, one take each. His voice was so rich and authentic, I had to find some of his music when they left. Here are a few tunes from the tube, but check him out on Myspace when you get a second. Very cool guy, much respect due...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find out what motivates, captivates and rejuvenates me on my never-ending quest for knowledge and art.
Peace, fam, thanks for checkin' in...