Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday George...

One of the first concerts I remember seeing was way back in the day, pops took an under-aged me to see George Clinton & P-Funk at the original Center Stage. They had these wooden bleacher seats that rattled every time the bass hit, and I just remember how powerful it felt on my little middle school frame...it was almost overbearing. I was mesmerized by the colors and the energy on the stage, from big George himself to the boisterous backup singers, the rock solid band to the the guy running around on stage in a diaper...quite a spectacle, indeed. Definitely stands out in my mind as one of the most memorable shows I've seen. I also remember pops bumping into a student who told him that one of his former students passed away (he was also in a band and had given him a cassette that we had listened to a few times)...anyway, keep living it up, George, slow down on the crack, and may you enjoy many more funky, colorful years on this Earth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Find out what motivates, captivates and rejuvenates me on my never-ending quest for knowledge and art.
Peace, fam, thanks for checkin' in...